Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - Forums

Summary |  Home Page |  Forums |  Lists |  Tasks |  Docs |  Surveys |  News |  Files | 

Discussion Forums: Networking

Admin

BY: cashimor
DATE: 2006-Jun-27 08:06
SUBJECT: RE: RE: I can't bring up eth0. Please Help!

Netconfig reads the configuration from a file, so it is indeed likely that the configuration it shows you is the configuration that you previously set, as it was written to the same file. However, this is not necessarily the same configuration that is running on your box. The default netconfig (that comes with the kit) will automatically reconfigure the network each time you run it, and make it work. It might call ifup in the process, though, so it doesn't necessarily solve your problem.

Yes, you can reinstall files. Just mount DVD 2, and install the files from there. They are in separate archives. Make sure you don't overwrite the network driver you downloaded from this site, though, as it will be quite tricky to get it back on your box.

Greetings,
Maarten Hofman.

Thread View

Thread Author Date
I can't bring up eth0. Please Help!adman2006-Jun-16 04:37
      RE: I can't bring up eth0. Please Help!cashimor2006-Jun-19 09:40
            RE: RE: I can't bring up eth0. Please Help!adman2006-Jun-27 01:54
                  RE: RE: I can't bring up eth0. Please Help!cashimor2006-Jun-27 08:06
                        RE: RE: I can't bring up eth0. Please Help!adman2006-Jul-08 22:37
                              RE: RE: I can't bring up eth0. Please Help!cashimor2006-Jul-10 06:44

Post a followup to this message

You could post if you were [logged in]