Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - News

Summary |  Home Page |  Forums |  Lists |  Tasks |  Docs |  Surveys |  News |  Files | 
Posted By: sarahe
Date: 2003-Mar-28 11:26
Summary:UK, France, Germany Spain: Apply for online gaming trials!

UPDATE:Thank you to everyone who has applied. We are no longer taking applications, as the small number of places has been filled. Thank you!

Information remains below for those interested.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
We're looking for a handful of Linux kit users to take part in our online gaming trials in preparation for the full online gaming service that will be offered later this year in our PAL territories.

The trials will start from the beginning of April, and players will be asked to contribute roughly 8 hours per month.

Note that you MUST have a Linux kit, and you MUST be resident in either the UK, France, Spain or Germany. You also MUST have a broadband internet connection over 300Kbps.

[removed details and e-mail as we are no longer accepting applications]

Once the online gaming service is available in Europe, all Linux kit owners in our European PAL territories will be entitled to request a utility disc that will enable them to play online using the network adaptor from the Linux kit (more details to follow - we are also making arrangements for other countries as they go online in the future, eg Australia).

I cannot guarantee that everyone will receive a reply, but we are looking for about 20 people and if you're successful, you should receive confirmation within a week via e-mail. Good luck and have fun!

Latest News
Closing down playstation2-linux.com
 Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - sarahe - 2009-Jun-04 03:49
(49 Comments)
Server Outage
 Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - mrich - 2008-Aug-07 14:12
(2 Comments)
Firefox 2.0.0.8 available
 Mozilla for PlayStation2 - ppietro - 2007-Nov-09 04:10
(2 Comments)
The Future of Mozilla for the PlayStation2
 Mozilla for PlayStation2 - ppietro - 2007-Nov-09 04:09
(1 Comment)
PS2Linux pros at DevStation
 Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - sarahe - 2007-May-04 03:37
(0 Comments)

Discussion Forums: UK, France, Germany Spain: Apply for online gaming trials!

Admin

BY: sarahe
DATE: 2003-Apr-22 03:33
SUBJECT: RE: Sarah i have a question for you!!

I spoke to Joel again this morning, who was working all weekend helping out with the distribution of the several thousand network gaming kits that are going out to triallists.

He hopes to start contacting the Linux kit triallists tomorrow. If you haven't heard anything yet, don't panic.

I've also given him Jean-Baptiste's details and he will assign Jean-Baptiste to the Linux kit group rather than the standard triallists, so he should not have to pay for a network adaptor, and will only be sent the disc & title for testing.

jbv, if you're not happy with this then please contact me via my playstation2-linux.com e-mail.

Similarly, anyone else affected who is on the trial but also has a Linux kit should contact me if they are happy using their Linux kit network adaptor in the trials, and I'll see what I can do for them.

Interactive Ideas are busy dealing with the thousands of regular triallists right now and if you e-mail them with a question, they'll reply to you as a standard triallist, they have enough logistics to worry about without a tiny handful of Linux kit users (seriously - you're looking at 10 people out of more than 5000). Hence their response that the kit includes the Network adaptor. Please, if you have a question, I ask you not to query them about Linux kit users in the trial - they will just forward your e-mails to Joel or myself anyhow, so please let's just avoid the confusion - ask me via e-mail or in this thread, thank you :)

Thread View

Thread Author Date
Sarah i have a question for you!!sirolf2003-Apr-17 09:16
      Oups...Sorry!!!sirolf2003-Apr-17 09:27
      RE: Sarah i have a question for you!!sarahe2003-Apr-17 09:28
            RE: Sarah i have a question for you!!jbv2003-Apr-17 09:47
                  RE: Sarah i have a question for you!!sirolf2003-Apr-17 10:06
                        RE: Sarah i have a question for you!!jbv2003-Apr-18 07:08
                              RE: Sarah i have a question for you!!sarahe2003-Apr-22 03:33
                                    RE: Sarah i have a question for you!!jbv2003-Apr-22 03:42

Post a followup to this message

You could post if you were [logged in]