Standard installer for Mozilla 1.3b. This is an installable version of the gzipped tar archive also posted on this site.
The following help text is from Mozilla.org, adapted for the PlayStation2 Linux version of Mozilla.
To install Mozilla by downloading the Mozilla installer,
follow these steps:
- Create a directory named moztemp (mkdir moztemp)
and change to that directory (cd moztemp).
- Click the link on the site you're downloading
Mozilla from to download the installer file
to your machine.
- Change to the moztemp directory (cd moztemp) and
decompress the archive with the following command:
tar zxvf moz*.tar.gz
The installer is now located in a subdirectory of
moztemp named mozilla-installer.
- Change to the mozilla-installer directory
(cd mozilla-installer) and run the installer with the
- Follow the instructions in the install wizard for
Note: If you have a slower machine, be aware that the
installation may take some time. In this case, the
installation progress may appear to hang indefinitely,
even though the installation is still in process.
- To start Mozilla, change to the directory where you
installed it and run the ./mozilla command.
Uploaded 1.3b installer build #1.