Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - News

Summary |  Home Page |  Forums |  Lists |  Tasks |  Docs |  Surveys |  News |  Files | 
Posted By: sarahe
Date: 2002-May-22 00:25
Summary:Linux kit released in Europe & New Zealand (Australia on 27th)

We're now taking orders for the Linux kit in Europe at the following website:

http://www.linuxplay.com/

Those of you in New Zealand can place an order at:

http://nz.playstation.com/

For those of you in Australia, the kits have been shipped out to Sony there, and my Australian colleagues tell me that you can call to put your name down for ordering - orders will be processed on 27th. Check out http://au.playstation.com for details.

Latest News
Closing down playstation2-linux.com
 Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - sarahe - 2009-Jun-04 03:49
(49 Comments)
Server Outage
 Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - mrich - 2008-Aug-07 14:12
(2 Comments)
Firefox 2.0.0.8 available
 Mozilla for PlayStation2 - ppietro - 2007-Nov-09 04:10
(2 Comments)
The Future of Mozilla for the PlayStation2
 Mozilla for PlayStation2 - ppietro - 2007-Nov-09 04:09
(1 Comment)
PS2Linux pros at DevStation
 Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - sarahe - 2007-May-04 03:37
(0 Comments)

Discussion Forums: Linux kit released in Europe & New Zealand (Australia on 27th)

Admin

BY: ridcully
DATE: 2002-May-23 02:13
SUBJECT: Disapointeted

Hi!

I just want to express my frustration about the stuff that happend yesterday. First of all the think the price of the kit is ridicilous. I always expected the 250euro as a final price. No more VAT. And the shippings kosts are just a joke. Even when i order two kits i have to pay the doubled amount of shipping.

In my eyes this is just a way to compensate a dumping price or its just poor logistic. Ordering something in the USA with UPS Express costs half the price it costs to send the kit to me with UPS Standard.

My second point is not existing security awareness of the administrator of the mailing list. Allowing everybody to post there is on the one hand a real pain in the a** for all the subscribers and also costs the money (traffic costs) of the service provider.

All in all i think sony has not done it self a favour handling things like this. Reading the first replies to this news i guess there are many guys out there that are at least with the price politic.

If you look on the spearheads of the opensource community you will see that this are almost european countries. So sony could expect the most from a broad linux user community in europe - but now they will sit on their kits and the next step will be of course to can the linux on ps2 projects, because the sale counts will be low -- but to tell them: This is only your fault! Dont try to screw an enthusiastic community of users this way.

CU!

Thread View

Thread Author Date
Disapointetedridcully2002-May-23 02:13
      RE: Disapointetedmex2002-May-23 03:56
            RE: Disapointetedsarahe2002-May-23 05:02
                  RE: Disapointetedmex2002-May-23 05:30
                        RE: Disapointetedpsychopingu2002-May-23 08:36

Post a followup to this message

You could post if you were [logged in]