You are seeing a copy of a topic from forum.ps2dev.org.  Only the page numbers works, the other links point to the original forum.

Click HERE to go back to index of psq2dev mirror.
Click HERE to go back to PlayStation®2 Linux website.

Link to original post: http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10452
forums.ps2dev.org :: View topic - Problems with Linux install in HDD (Mega man guide)
forums.ps2dev.org Forum Index forums.ps2dev.org
Homebrew PS2, PSP & PS3 Development Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with Linux install in HDD (Mega man guide)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.ps2dev.org Forum Index -> PS2 Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kpo_net

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Problems with Linux install in HDD (Mega man guide) Reply with quote

I have this problem when trying to install Linux in the HDD of my PS2 SCPH-30001 R ,with the Mega Man guide (step 7).

/> fdisk dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc
Device contains neither a valid DOS partition table, nor Sun, SGI or OSF disklabel
Building a new DOS disklabel. Changes will remain in memory only, until you decide to write them. After that, of course, the previous content won`t be recoverable.

Internal error
/>

Help plizzzzz
ragnarok2040

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem. I had to put the hard drive into a computer running windows and format the whole thing using disk management under administrative tools under control panel. Though, I ran into that problem after trying to use the wrong format option, heh. It's probably possible to use a newer version of fdisk or cfdisk or the like in Linux on a pc to format it as well.

You could try using ps2fdisk, prior to formatting, from playstation2-linux.com, put it on a usb flash drive. You can mount it using mount -t vfat /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc/part1 /mnt/usb (after creating that directory).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.ps2dev.org Forum Index -> PS2 Development All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: