Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - Forums

Summary |  Home Page |  Forums |  Lists |  Tasks |  Docs |  Surveys |  News |  Files | 

Discussion Forums: Kernel

Admin

BY: nevrgonastopme0
DATE: 2006-Aug-14 02:18
SUBJECT: Boot kernel via MrBrown's PSX buffer overflow

Hey all, long time no post...Im in the US and ive noticed alot of wear and tear (ive had my kit for about 3-4 years now) and im getting very worried about the state of my disks...I am seriously trying to hack a way to get MrBrown's PSX buffer overflow to load the a linux kernel...I forget the name of the interface that was designed, but I know its the main stream one, at least from a year or so ago, i may be out of date...I was wondering if anyone knows why the PS2Linux bootloader can load homebrew games, but the interface using the buffer exploit cannot, and yet it still can load games. I was under the impression that they were in the same format, but i guess i am mistaken...If anyone has any information, or is willing to help me, please speak up ASAP, I will start this project (however hopeless it may seem) before mid september, and work until I am at a complete loss, i figure this will take some very carefull analysis of hex, my first impression is simply a difference in the header or load address of the kernel and the games. like i said, if you have any information, ideas, or man power...PLEASE get in touch with me, either respond to this post or write me at nevrgonastopme00@gmail.com />
-Kris

Thread View

Thread Author Date
Boot kernel via MrBrown's PSX buffer overflownevrgonastopme02006-Aug-14 02:18
      RE: Boot kernel via MrBrown's PSX buffer overnevrgonastopme02006-Aug-14 03:04
            RE: Boot kernel via MrBrown's PSX buffer overgarlicbread2006-Sep-05 09:49
                  RE: Boot kernel via MrBrown's PSX buffer overnevrgonastopme02006-Sep-15 20:02
                        RE: Boot kernel via MrBrown's PSX buffer overgarlicbread2006-Sep-17 06:58
                              RE: Boot kernel via MrBrown's PSX buffer overchewi2006-Sep-17 07:32
                                    RE: Boot kernel via MrBrown's PSX buffer overgarlicbread2006-Sep-18 02:21
                                          RE: Boot kernel via MrBrown's PSX buffer overjbit2006-Sep-21 10:31

Post a followup to this message

You could post if you were [logged in]