Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - Forums

Summary |  Home Page |  Forums |  Lists |  Tasks |  Docs |  Surveys |  News |  Files | 

Discussion Forums: New User Forum

Admin

BY: electricdog
DATE: 2008-Jan-27 14:22
SUBJECT: TV Resolution, Terminals, Desktops and WM's

Hi,

I have PS2 Linux running at present on a TV; I checked in another thread and saw that the resolution cannot exceed 800x600, but it looks as if it's lower than that, currently. Is there a way of altering that at all?

Secondly, due to the resolution, I can't seem to fit a terminal completely on the screen. I know there's a way to configure their default size (I prefer to use Eterm, if it makes a difference), but it's been so long since I used Linux that I can't remember.

Next, from what I recall of X, it's possible to switch between 4(?) different desktops, but I'll be damned if I can remember the command. Meta-something? I forget.

Finally, it seems that when I use 'startx', it always comes up using the default WM; this is something I could never remember how to do, but as I have KDE and Gnome installed, I was wondering how to set one of those as the default WM for X.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if these questions are already answered elsewhere -- I searched a bit, but didn't look at everything.

Thread View

Thread Author Date
TV Resolution, Terminals, Desktops and WM'selectricdog2008-Jan-27 14:22
      RE: TV Resolution, Terminals, Desktops and WM'scronocloud2008-Feb-04 18:27

Post a followup to this message

You could post if you were [logged in]