Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - Forums

Summary |  Home Page |  Forums |  Lists |  Tasks |  Docs |  Surveys |  News |  Files | 

Discussion Forums: Kernel

Admin

BY: edman
DATE: 2006-Dec-30 14:15
SUBJECT: PS2linux notes xrhino, blackrhino, BBN w/USB

Hello,
I made some notes on my progress with ps2linux. they are from the first install of the stock kit through the installation of various kernels ending with BBN w/usb mass storage support. someone may find this helpful. attempted to give credit when I
used someone else's work, like a patch whatever.

if printed it's about ten pages long.
so I put them on a web site
http://edman747.googlepages.com/
they are at the bottom of the first page
PS2linux NOTES
enjoy

a question for the community.
did anyone else get email from this guy? here is an email I got the other day.
-------
Hello,

I saw your contribution to the PS2 Linux community and wished to inquire as to your ability/desire to help in thin PS2 based PBX project. I wish to use the DSP facilities within the PS2 for echo cancellation purposes. To achieve this goal, I first need a modern Linux build for the thin PS2 and second to implement an echo cancellation functin using the VUs FMACs. With a little creativity, I foresee an office PBX, handling up to 250 analog or VOIP extensions running off of a single PS2. Can you participate in either or both of these developments (linux for thin PS, echo cancellation) for compensation?

Cheers,

Raul Segredo
-------
am not sure what contribution he refers to. don't know how to search for all my post. it's been at least year since my last post.
have not heard of a successful ps2linux install on a slim ps2. It sounds interesting, maybe he is thinking of a network boot where all the ps2linux files are on another linux box

Thread View

Thread Author Date
PS2linux notes xrhino, blackrhino, BBN w/USBedman2006-Dec-30 14:15
      RE: PS2linux notes xrhino, blackrhino, BBN w/pixie20042007-Jan-04 00:15
            RE: PS2linux notes xrhino, blackrhino, BBN w/chewi2007-Jan-04 04:19

Post a followup to this message

You could post if you were [logged in]