Linux for PlayStation 2 Community - Forums

Summary |  Home Page |  Forums |  Lists |  Tasks |  Docs |  Surveys |  News |  Files | 

Discussion Forums: Hardware

Admin

BY: ummon
DATE: 2008-Feb-02 07:51
SUBJECT: Definitive Answer Needed for PSTwo Please

Ok, I've searched high and low, and met much misinformation thus far. I'm hoping this community can shed some light on the situation.

With the PSTwo, I understand that numerous people have been able to properly format a USB hard drive to be recognized by the PSTwo. If this is the case, why then is it not possible to run linux on a PSTwo?

I understand that there are hardware differences, namely the network adapter, which are most likely not supported by the official linux builds for PS2. However, in a perfect world, if this was addressed on the software side, why then could you not make linux on the PSTwo a reality?

Hypothetical situation:
I have a properly formatted official PS2 HD that I've somehow converted to USB. I have a PAL PSTwo with an official Linux for PS2 kit. Where does the barrier immediately lie? Has anyone tried this at all? Will the disc(s) in the kit simply say something to the effect of "Dude, this is a PSTwo so I'm not even gonna try" or what?

Thank you.

Thread View

Thread Author Date
Definitive Answer Needed for PSTwo Pleaseummon2008-Feb-02 07:51

Post a followup to this message

You could post if you were [logged in]