All of the files can be found here: ftp://ftp.geierb.de/ps2/ or in my copy http://ps2linux.no-ip.info/patriciawindt.dyndns.org/ps2
Some brief (and probably incomplete) instructions:
You're able to run Mega Man's kernelloader on your PS2 and you have a Linux/Unix machine able to do NFS exports.
1. Download blackrhino-base-nfs.tar.bz2 from the link above, extract it and create a NFS export. You have to use the options rw and no_root_squash.
Example: If you're in a 192.168.3.* network and you've extracted blackrhino-base-nfs.tar.bz2 to /path/ps2root then the line in /etc/exports should look like this:
/path/ps2root 192.168.3.0/255.255.255.0(rw,no_root_squash,async,no_subtree_c heck)
Then run "exportfs -a" to activate the new NFS export.
2. Download the kernel (ftp://ftp.geierb.de/ps2/vmlinux.gz) and put it somewhere where kernelloader can reach it (usb thumb drive, memory card, whatever).
3. Start kernelloader, select the downloaded vmlinux.gz as VMLINUX. Then edit the kernel parameters. Type in the following (read on first):
# modify to your needs
# ip=<ps2 ip address>,<nfs server ip address>,<gateway>,<subnet mask>
ip=192.168.3.109:192.168.3.1:192.168.3.1:255.255.0 ::eth0 root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=192.168.3.1:/path/to/nfsroot,nfsvers=3,tcp
Replace 192.168.3.109 with the desired ip address of your PS2 and replace every 192.168.3.1 with the ip address of your NFS server.. And replace /path/ps2root with the path to the extracted blackrhino-base-nfs.tar.bz2.
4. In kernelloader select "Boot current config".
The first time you're booting the system it takes a few moments to create a 128 MByte swap file, be patient.
5. Log in as root. There's no password.
I've added a ssh server to the Blackrhino base install, so you don't have to kneel in front of your TV all the time and installed vim instead of nvi because nvi didn't work at all.
Have fun. Feel free to ask questions. If you find any problems with this setup please tell me (geierb /at/ geierb /dot/ de). If you want to say thank you please create a patch for gcc that allows linux 2.6 compilation for the r5900